Ingredients for battering the chicken:
- 250 g of diced Nutrave chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of flour
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Vegetables of choice
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice (with added sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 level teaspoon of ginger powder
- A little cornflour to thicken
Marinate the Nutrave chicken in the soy sauce for a few minutes. Then make the mixture to batter the chicken using the flour, the beer and the pepper, also adding the liquid from marinating the chicken. If the mixture is too watery, add a little more flour, it must be quite thick.
Fry the battered chicken pieces in hot oil until browned and set aside on a plate with absorbent paper. Sauté the seasoned vegetables until al dente—no longer than that, as they will continue to cook with the sauce.
For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients in a pan, except for the cornflour, heating until the honey melts and all the flavours mix together. Be careful with the cornflour as the sauce will also thicken with the chicken batter. It is best to add it at the end until the desired consistency is reached.
When the sauce is ready, mix the chicken, vegetables and sauce in a pan.
Recipe sent by Rocío Macías Sotillo from the blog Cocinando con las Chachas